INDOS Financial specialises in providing AIFMD depositary services to a broad range of alternative investment funds (AIFs) managed by EU and non-EU alternative investment fund managers (AIFMs). We hold a range of FCA regulatory permissions which enable us to service:
- open and closed ended hedge funds, and private equity, real estate or other funds domiciled outside of the EU managed by EU managers (depositary-lite model);
- open or closed ended UK unauthorised funds investing in financial instruments (full depositary);
- closed ended UK private equity, real estate or other real assets funds domiciled in the UK (PE/ RE depositary);
- non-EU managers marketing offshore funds in Germany and Denmark (depositary-lite under Article 42 AIFM “gold plating”).
Our AIFMD depositary services include one or more of the following: Safe Keeping of Assets (both financial instruments held in custody and verification of non-custody assets), Cash Flow monitoring, and Oversight (including oversight of valuation of the AIF and the AIF’s compliance with investment restrictions and leverage limits).
We are currently receiving enquiries from AIFMs that fall into one or more of the following categories:
- Managers that initially selected a depositary service affiliated to their administrator for convenience reasons but are now questioning the value or service they are receiving;
- UK investment trusts seeking an alternative to the traditional bundled service model offered by banking groups;
Managers concerned about the limitations and risks of a reverse solicitation strategy;
Managers that are planning to market their fund;
Small AIFM that expect to pass the €100m gross assets threshold and will be required to become Full Scope AIFM;
Non-EU managers seeking to market in Germany or Denmark therefore requiring a depositary-lite solution.
We are an experienced team of industry professionals, leveraging an in-house developed technology solution, DEPOCheck, to deliver a first class service to our clients. To request more details about our AIFMD Depositary services or to arrange a meeting please click here.